Friday, September 16, 2011

Refrigerator Pickles

This is the first year we grew enough pickling cucumbers to make pickles.  Since this was my first attempt ever, I made refrigerator pickles.  I made two different types, bread and butter pickles and dill pickles.  There are a ton of pickling recipes on the web.  I searched for easiest ones I could find.  One recipe came from The Tacoma News Tribune and the other from a blog called Real Life Living.

Bread and Butter Pickles (recipe link)








The pickles need to sit in the refrigerator for a few days before they are ready to eat.  I'm really excited to try them.  I love pickles, but haven't bought any at the store for a couple years because I realized that Nalley pickles (which were founded in Tacoma) are now packed in India.  Total Outrage!

Once I get more comfortable with pickling, I can start experimenting with different flavors and methods.  This opens up a whole new world of possibilities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment