We built a rustic trellis in our winter squash bed out of branches from our pine tree and lilacs. We lashed it together with sisal twine.
Our potato towers (adapted from the Henley Potato Tower) are almost full. It seems like every few days we were adding more soil and pine straw. We made notches in the boards to train some stems out the sides to bring more energy to the tubers. I can't wait to see how well this system does compared to the ones that we planted in rows and hilled up.
Our Glenora & Concord grape vines (in their 3rd season) are finally full of flower clusters.
Parking strip is looking good.
The retaining wall garden is at the peak of blooming. Usually it is covered in bees, but it's been so cold and wet lately, we haven't seen very many. Terry has been squishing lots of slugs.
Sugar Snap Peas are climbing up the strings.
Fava beans are full of blooms and we've been eating lots of lettuce and spinach.
Tomatoes, cucumbers, and eggplants are hanging out in the poly tunnel.